Use of this Web Site is subject to these terms and by using the Web Site you indicate your agreement to these terms.
Please note that the inclusion of items on this website does not imply endorsement by the Academy of Marketing. Items are included for the purposes of information only.
Terms and Conditions
The Academy of Marketing does not accept any liability in relation to any site or the content of any site to which a link is made from this site. No responsibility for loss occasioned to any person acting, or refraining from acting, as a result of any Information published on this website will be accepted by the Academy of Marketing.
All copyright and any other intellectual property rights throughout the world in the content, text, graphics, database, data, design, software and all other material, of whatever nature on this site (“Material”) are the property of the Academy of Marketing and its licensors. All rights in the Material are reserved. Reproduction of all or any substantial part of the Material is prohibited, except that individual users may print or save portions of the site for their own personal use. This licence does not permit users to incorporate the Material or any substantial part of it in any other work or publication. No substantial part of this site may be reproduced on, transmitted to, or stored in any other web site or other electronic retrieval system.
We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website
To the fullest extent permitted by law:
- The Academy of Marketing gives no warranties, representations, conditions, terms or undertakings in relation to the Material on this website, whether express or implied by statute, common law, custom, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise, including, without limitation, any implied term that the Material is accurate, complete, or up to date; and
- the Academy of Marketing excludes all indirect or consequential liability, loss or damage (including, without limitation, loss of profit, loss of business or depletion of goodwill), costs, expenses or claims for consequential compensation (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of this site or your reliance on the Material. In particular, but without limitation, the Academy of Marketing excludes all liability arising from actual or alleged libellous statements, infringements of intellectual property rights or from any use or operation of any ideas, instructions, procedures, products or methods contained in the Material.
You agree to accept the application of English law to govern matters between the Academy and yourself
You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
If you do not wish to pay online using PayPal, you can request an invoice or send us a cheque or bank draft for the membership fee in GB pounds sterling made payable to “Academy of Marketing” to Academy of Marketing Administrative Office, 23 Millig Street, Helensburgh, Argyll, G84 9LD, UK. Membership enquiries should be directed to the Administrative Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or you can telephone us on +44 (0) 1436 678 699). Please do NOT send credit card or payment details by email.
For your own privacy and security we recommend that you close down your browser when you have finished visiting the Academy of Marketing website, particularly if you are using a shared computer. Your membership login password is for your personal use only.
Important Notice – files submitted to the Academy of Marketing
The Academy sometimes hosts files for download on its website. If you submit a file for hosting on the Academy Website, this indicates that you have read and agreed to the following:
- You warrant that the Contribution will not violate or infringe any existing copyright or other right (of whatever nature) of any third party; will contain nothing obscene, blasphemous, defamatory, misleading or otherwise unlawful; and will contain no factual statements which are not true or based upon generally accepted research practices; and you further warrant that you have full power to enter into this Agreement. If the Contribution does not conform to the warranties set out in this paragraph, you will indemnify the Academy against any claims, loss, injury, damage or costs (including legal costs) that arise as a result of your breach of warranty.
- You will also be responsible (at your expense) for obtaining permission for the inclusion in the Contribution of any third party copyright material
- You warrant that the Contribution may be posted on the Academy of Marketing website and that this content may be made freely available at this site
- You warrant that the Contribution does not to your knowledge contain any worm or computer virus and that is has been scanned for viruses before transmission to the Academy
All material which appears on the Academy website or in the email list is subject to approval.