Dr Fatema Kawaf
Greenwich Business School
Professor Natalia Yannopoulou
Event – Visual Research Agenda 2021: Possible Directions and Challenges
12 May 2021 from 3pm to 5pm (British Summer Time)
We are delighted to have with us four amazing guest speakers:
• Professor Markus Giesler
• Professor Deborah Heisley
• Professor Finola Kerrigan
• Professor Joonas Rokka
The two-hour event begins with 15-minute presentations from our guest speakers followed by a one hour long panel discussion and Q&A.
The aim of this event is to kickstart the conversation on the opportunities and challenges facing visual research including the implications on publications, data collection, ethics, dissemination and so on. The event is free and open to all SIG members and those who wish to learn more about visual research.
Dr Fatema Kawaf and Professor Natalia Yannopoulou are delighted to welcome you to the Visual Methods Special Interest Group at the Academy of Marketing. The purpose of the group is to foster a dialogue and expand knowledge on visual and videographic research methodologies and issues among academics and business people and other groupings as appropriate. The SIG will be holding training events of using various visual research methods throughout the year. Please join the SIG as a member and follow our social media groups to stay up to date on the SIG news and activities.
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/242457730652216/
LinkedIn group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13942676/
- Ultimately the goal is for this SIG to become a destination for researchers, academics and PhD students interested in conducting visual research to find support, guidance, resources, and training to enable them to successfully navigate and adopt the visual method relevant to their research.
- Additionally, the SIG aims to foster an environment that facilitates interaction among academics, business people and policy makers relating to the use of visual and videography research.
- Disseminate research findings, theoretical contributions, and successful business practices among members. We aim to achieve this by (1) establishing and running a visual and videography research track at the Academy of Marketing conference (TBC) annually (2) organizing seminars and webinars to allow presentations relating to visual research regularly
- Various novel visual research methods are on the rise. Be it visual, videography or screencasting, evidently new methods require training and capacity building to allow researchers and PhD students to adopt these methods. As such the SIG will be predominantly focused on organizing and running training events regularly in order to enable this.
Membership of the SIG is free. The Visual Methods SIG is an international group open for academics, researchers and PhD students anywhere in the world! To join, please visit: https://fatemakawaf.com/visual-methods/
Activities and Upcoming Events:
We will be announcing training workshops and webinars relating to visual research methods. The following events will be running in 2021 (DATES TO BE CONFIRMED):
1. Screencast Videography Workshop: How to conduct research using Screencast Videography
2. Video Analysis Training (Multimodality, Critical Incidents Analysis, using Nvivo)
3. Zaltman metaphor elicitation technique (ZMET)