Welcome to the Marketing Education SIG Webpage
14 June 6:00 PM; The Business Clinic at Northumbria University, marketing students benefitting from experiential learning; this event in conjunction with the CIM will present two case studies: Special iApps and Parker.
The presentations will show how partnerships have developed between the Business Clinic and their clients. In particular, how marketing students have profited from experiential learning, progressed and how talent has been nurtured.
Beverley Dean founded Special iApps, a not-for-profit social enterprise, in 2011 with her husband, Colin. Their younger son, William, was born in 2005 with Down syndrome and Hirschsprung’s disease. Bev recognised the potential of devices like the iPad for helping children with learning disabilities, but couldn’t find apps suitable for William, so she asked Colin to start writing some for him. Marketing students benefitted from experiential learning through the Business Clinic helping the SME to grow to what it is today through a number of projects.
Parker is the global leader in motion and control technologies, providing precision engineered solutions for Aerospace, Climate Control, Electromechanical and Filtration. Les Graham recently secured a job with the company, who he conducted a consultancy project for through the Business Clinic in 2015.
If you are interested in attending – please contact email@example.com
The aim of this SIG is to promote and share good practice in marketing education. Our objectives are:
- to provide opportunities for marketing educators to discuss and advance good practice;
- to encourage the exchange and dissemination of current developments in the area;
- to support researcher in the pedagogical development of marketing education;
- to support the development of marketing education networks and collaboration between individuals / institutions in the UK and globally;
- to promote the publication of marketing pedagogy research papers;
- to promote dialogue between practitioners and marketing educators;
- to contribute to the marketing education track at the annual conference of the AM.
- to organise seminars / workshops on particular aspects of marketing education.
Members of the Academy of Marketing and non-member individuals are invited and welcome to participate in SIG activities. If you would like to join this SIG, please join our Linkedin group: Academy of Marketing – SIG Marketing Education.
Please see the pages of the Education Sub-Committee of the Academy for information about Education related issues, and for AM awards: Teaching Research & Development Grants, Teaching Excellence Awards and Student Essay Prize.