Welcome to the Entrepreneurial & Small Business Marketing SIG Webpage
Dr Zubin Sethna
Regent's University London
Dr Roz Jones
University of Birmingham
Event: 25th International Colloquium on Entrepreneurial and Small Business Marketing & Joint Meeting with the Entrepreneurship SIG of BAM
Sustainability and Responsibility in Business: How can SMEs engage better?
Thursday, 2nd April 2020 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Birmingham Business School, University House, The University of Birmingham,
116 Edgbaston Park Road, B15 2TY
Deadline for abstracts: 21st February 2020
For full details please download the Invitation and Call for Papers
The colloquium will be from 9am-5pm & will include a light lunch and refreshments through the day. Fees: AM and BAM members £30, Non-Members £50, full time PhD Students £10. There will be an informal evening meal (self-funded) the evening of the 1st April for delegates staying overnight. To submit a paper or register for the event please contact: Dr Rosalind Jones email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the SIG
SIG Steering Committee: Dr Zubin Sethna, Dr Rosalind Jones, Prof. Audrey Gilmore, Prof. Jonathan Deacon, Prof. Eleanor Shaw, Dr Jackie Harris, Dr Elizabeth Heyworth-Thomas, Dr Nihar Amoncar.
On 20th April 2018 we held our 23rd International Colloquium on Entrepreneurial and Small Business Marketing ‘Entrepreneurial Marketing: a Global Perspective’ at the Centre for Research in Entrepreneurship and Marketing, University of South Wales Conference Centre, Treforest, South Wales. Going forward action points from plenary session and round table discussion included development of aims and objectives of the SIG for the future.
The aim of this SIG is to provide a critical mass of engaged scholarship and applied research in the field of Entrepreneurial Marketing, Research at the Interface of Marketing and Entrepreneurship and, Marketing in Small-and-Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs). This SIG has its own journal, the Journal of Research in Marketing and Entrepreneurship (JRME) published by Emerald.
The strategic objectives of the ESBMSIG are:
- To assist PhD and early career researchers in developing and publishing research which is relevant and meaningful to critical debates in the EM field.
- To continually develop our global research community by enhancing our academic research networks. Specifically in retaining and furthering connections with our sister SIG, The Entrepreneurial Marketing SIG of the American Marketing Association (AMA) and the Global Research Symposium of Research in Marketing and Entrepreneurship (GRSME).
- To hold annual an EM track at the annual AM conference and to host at least one SIG event annually.
- To create research opportunities for the group by developing Special Issues for targeted journals relevant to our field.
- To create opportunities to enable development of research grant applications.
- To engage with practitioners to inform practice as relevant to our field (research impact).
- To engage with critical debate to influence and inform policy, in particular in respect to representation of SMEs in the UK and global economies (research impact).
- To encourage stronger associations between universities, researchers and SMEs.
We would like to extend a warm welcome to all those interested in our field of research and you are welcome to join us at our colloquium and the SIG Track at the conference and to take part.