Welcome to the Entrepreneurial & Small Business Marketing SIG Webpage
Professor Zubin Sethna
Regent's University London
Professor Roz Jones
Liverpool John Moores University
25th International Colloquium on Entrepreneurial and Small Business Marketing & Joint Meeting with the Entrepreneurship SIG of BAM
Sustainability and Responsibility in Business: How can SMEs engage better? Thursday 9th December 2021 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Liverpool Business School, Liverpool John Moores University
A RE-INVITATION AND CALL FOR PAPER ABSTRACTS
11th October 2021 abstract deadline. Paper acceptance notified 1th November 2021 (blind twice peer reviewed by our colloquium committee) Those papers already accepted in February 2020 can remain submitted for presentation. For full details please download the Call for Papers: 25th International Colloquium on Entrepreneurial and Small Business Marketing
Event booking is now available online at: https://buyonline.ljmu.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/ljmu/events/am-and-bam-event
Event contact: Prof Roz Jones, Liverpool John Moores University
About the SIG
SIG Steering Committee: Prof. Zubin Sethna, Dr Rosalind Jones, Dr Elizabeth Heyworth-Thomas, Dr Nihar Amoncar, Prof. Audrey Gilmore, Prof. Eleanor Shaw, Prof. Jonathan Deacon, Dr Jackie Harris
The aim of this SIG is to provide a critical mass of engaged scholarship and applied research in the field of Entrepreneurial Marketing, Research at the Interface of Marketing and Entrepreneurship and, Marketing in Small-and-Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs). This SIG has its own journal, the Journal of Research in Marketing and Entrepreneurship (JRME) published by Emerald (Ranked B in the ABDC Journal Quality List) , and Professor (Dr) Zubin Sethna is its Editor-in-Chief.
The strategic objectives of the ESBMSIG are:
- To assist PhD and early career researchers in developing and publishing research which is relevant and meaningful to critical debates in the EM field.
- To continually develop our global research community by enhancing our academic research networks. Specifically in retaining and furthering connections with our sister SIG, The Entrepreneurial Marketing SIG of the American Marketing Association (AMA) and the Global Research Conference on Marketing and Entrepreneurship (GRCME – www.marketing-entrepreneurship.org)
- To hold an Entrepreneurial Marketing track at the annual Academy of Marketing conference and to host at least one SIG Symposium annually.
- To create research opportunities for group members by developing Special Issues for targeted journals relevant to our field.
- To create opportunities to enable development of research grant applications.
- To engage with practitioners to inform practice as relevant to our field (research impact).
- To engage with critical debate to influence and inform policy, in particular in respect to representation of SMEs in the UK and global economies (research impact).
- To encourage stronger associations between universities, researchers and SMEs.
We would like to extend a very warm welcome to all those interested in our field of research and in joining us at our symposium and the SIG Track at the AM conference.