Welcome to the Entrepreneurial & Small Business Marketing SIG Webpage
Professor Zubin Sethna
Regent's University London
Dr Roz Jones
University of Birmingham
Please note that the organisers are with regret cancelling the event on 2nd April due to concerns over COVID-19.
The event organisers will be in touch with authors/delegates directly regarding possible alternative arrangements.
Event: 25th International Colloquium on Entrepreneurial and Small Business Marketing & Joint Meeting with the Entrepreneurship SIG of BAM
Sustainability and Responsibility in Business: How can SMEs engage better? Thursday, 2nd April 2020, Birmingham Business School
Event contact: Dr Rosalind Jones email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the SIG
SIG Steering Committee: Prof. Zubin Sethna, Dr Rosalind Jones, Dr Elizabeth Heyworth-Thomas, Dr Nihar Amoncar, Prof. Audrey Gilmore, Prof. Eleanor Shaw, Prof. Jonathan Deacon, Dr Jackie Harris
The aim of this SIG is to provide a critical mass of engaged scholarship and applied research in the field of Entrepreneurial Marketing, Research at the Interface of Marketing and Entrepreneurship and, Marketing in Small-and-Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs). This SIG has its own journal, the Journal of Research in Marketing and Entrepreneurship (JRME) published by Emerald (Ranked B in the ABDC Journal Quality List) , and Professor (Dr) Zubin Sethna is its Editor-in-Chief.
The strategic objectives of the ESBMSIG are:
- To assist PhD and early career researchers in developing and publishing research which is relevant and meaningful to critical debates in the EM field.
- To continually develop our global research community by enhancing our academic research networks. Specifically in retaining and furthering connections with our sister SIG, The Entrepreneurial Marketing SIG of the American Marketing Association (AMA) and the Global Research Conference on Marketing and Entrepreneurship (GRCME – www.marketing-entrepreneurship.org)
- To hold an Entrepreneurial Marketing track at the annual Academy of Marketing conference and to host at least one SIG Symposium annually.
- To create research opportunities for group members by developing Special Issues for targeted journals relevant to our field.
- To create opportunities to enable development of research grant applications.
- To engage with practitioners to inform practice as relevant to our field (research impact).
- To engage with critical debate to influence and inform policy, in particular in respect to representation of SMEs in the UK and global economies (research impact).
- To encourage stronger associations between universities, researchers and SMEs.
We would like to extend a very warm welcome to all those interested in our field of research and in joining us at our symposium and the SIG Track at the AM conference.