Welcome to the Digital Marketing and Analytics SIG Webpage
Dr Delia Vazquez
University of Manchester
Dr Anabel Gutierrez Mendoza
University of Kent
Dr Bhavini Desai
Regent’s University London
Dr Hatice Kizgin
University of Bradford
- Monday 21st October 2019, 10 till 4pm, Tuke Common Room, Regent’s University London: “Digital Marketing Ethics” in collaboration with the Ethics and Marketing SIG. More information: Dr Fiona Harris
- January 2020 “Analytics for Business: challenges and opportunities” in collaboration with SAS. More information: Dr Anabel Gutierrez
- April 2020 “Research Grants Application Workshop”, More information: Dr Delia Vazquez
- June 2020 “Research Publication Workshop on Theory and Practice for Digital Marketing & Analytics”. More information: Dr Delia Vazquez, Dr Anabel Gutierrez, Dr Bhavini Desai
Aims of the SIG
The developments and convergence of technology have generated a complex digital eco-system that creates, shares and processes more than 2.5 quintillion bytes of data every day. Organisations and individuals are generating a vast digital footprint that is transforming not only the nature and role of business but also the fundamental way humans interact in modern society.
Consumers have been empowered, they expect quality and convenience from each interaction they have with individuals and organisations through different systems and platforms. At the same time, digital transformations are creating a high demand for analytics for all business areas and marketing is playing a critical role. Digital marketing is enabling organisations to personalise consumer experiences and increase meaningful engagement, creating vast sources of data to better understand their consumers. However, developing an analytics mind-set to see business problems from a data perspective is a complex challenge.
This SIG aims to become a hub for academics and digital marketing practitioners to embrace a data-driven approach relevant to the evolving digital economy.
Objectives of the SIG
1. To stimulate academic debate through the dissemination of research findings, theoretical contributions, and successful business and educational practices among members
2. To nurture research collaborations between academics and industry practitioners.
3. To facilitate networking between researchers and interested doctoral students working within the area of digital marketing and analytics, both nationally and internationally.
4. To promote/facilitate the dissemination of Digital Marketing & Analytics research in a wide range of publications.
SIG membership is open to both members and non-members of the Academy of Marketing.