Academy of Marketing Research Funding 2020
Closing date for applications is noon (GMT) on 16 March 2020.
The Academy of Marketing Research Sub-Committee will support research capacity development within the Academy through the 2020 Academy of Marketing Research Initiative Funding scheme. The Committee invites members of the Academy of Marketing to submit research proposals for funding of up to £5,000 on any marketing topic. The Academy will make up to 5 awards, 2 of which will be reserved for Early Career Researchers. Research proposals can cover any aspect of research in the broad area of marketing.
All applications must meet the requirements given in the Research Funding documentation:
It is a condition of the funding that the research be completed in time for presentation at the July 2021 Academy of Marketing Annual Conference at University of Huddersfield. An amount equal to the conference fee for one person from each successful application will be provided for attendance at the 2021 Academy of Marketing Annual Conference (other expenses for conference attendance will need to be met by the attendee). This amount will be in addition to the funds requested in the research proposal. Successful applicants must submit a short (maximum 4000 words) final report to Professor Lisa O’Malley, Chair of the Academy of Marketing Research Sub-Committee by Friday 1 October 2021.
Each proposal will be independently assessed by two reviewers, at least one of whom is a subject specialist. The final selection of proposals to be funded will be made by the members of the AM Research Sub-Committee. Successful applicants for the funding will be announced at the Academy of Marketing Conference in July 2020.
Aims:The proposed work should be an original project and not be a part of any ongoing research. It should aim to contribute to theory and/or practice in marketing.
- 15 January 2020 – Full details of the funding process and how to submit a proposal will be made available on the Academy of Marketing website
- 17 February 2020 – The Online Funding System will open for submissions (link will be on this webpage).
- 16 March 2020 – Noon (GMT) deadline for submission of proposals via the online system.
- 8 July 2020 – Formal announcement of the successful applicants at the Academy of Marketing AGM, being held at Edge Hill University.
- July 2021 A presentation on the activities undertaken and impact achieved to date will need to be presented at the Academy of Marketing’s 2021 annual conference, being held at University of Huddersfield.
- 1 October 2021 – deadline for final report.
- 1 December 2021 – deadline for the final monetary claim.