A Learned Society
At the 2005 AGM, the Academy of Marketing constituted itself as a ‘Learned Society’. As of the 2006-2007 membership year, all current members are entitled to use the designatory letters MAM (Member of the Academy of Marketing).
For persons whose employment is, or has been, directly connected with the aims and objectives of the Academy of Marketing, namely:
To further marketing education and research and
- To pursue activities and policy which further the professional development of marketing education.
- To encourage and promote academic research in marketing.
- To support marketing academics and associated staff as they develop their careers.
- To provide for regular liaison between marketing academics and associated organisations with related aims and activities for the benefit of members and the discipline.
- To foster a positive relationship between the requirements of practice and the academic discipline.
- To seek representation on the issues arising in these activities at the highest levels of government, education and industry, to secure recognition and action, where required.
These designatory letters are for the purposes of indicating that the holder is a member of the Academy of Marketing. The use of these letters does not imply that the holder has received any qualifications from the Academy of Marketing.