Call for Workshop Hosts
Conference Workshop Chairs: Sarah Montano & Achilleas Boukis
We invite expressions of interest / proposals from individuals or teams to host a Workshop or Special Session at the AM2023 Annual Conference.
Download the call here: AM2023 Call for Workshop Hosts
We are pleased to announce that the Academy of Marketing Conference 2023 will be held in a face-to-face format at University of Birmingham from 4-6 July 2023. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our campus.
We invite colleagues to submit proposals for Conference Workshops. Our conference theme is ‘From Revolution to Revolutions.’ We welcome Workshops which will examine and explore how the concepts of revolution can be useful in helping marketing scholars to engage with the big issues of the day. We also encourage work that deals with the various meanings that revolution has. Workshops may wish to explore pressing issues, such as responsible marketing, marketing ethics, climate emergency, digital brands, liquid consumption, NFT’s, tourism and culture, for example, as well as more traditional themes related to consumer behaviour, branding and strategy among many other aspects of marketing theory. In addition to the above themes, previously methods-based and pedagogical workshops have also been successful.
Workshops should encourage debate and discourse around pertinent issues related to marketing. Workshops are designed to stimulate ideas and conversations with a view to potential collaborations and possible future publications. Those proposing to host Workshops for AM2023 may wish to build on some of the themes explored through previous Workshops, as well as proposing completely new themes and issues for discussion.
Individual Workshop hosts will be responsible for reviewing papers (these will be short competitive papers – 1 A4 page max) submitted to their Workshops. Our acceptance of a Workshop theme will therefore obligate the Workshop co-ordinator(s) to take responsibility for the management of their session, including review of and feedback on submitted papers. Workshops will be 1½ hours in length so please consider timings when reviewing papers. Co-ordinators should remember that we are face-to-face in 2023 and therefore Workshops are subject to limitations of physical space. The format of individual Workshops is open to Workshop convenors to decide upon, e.g., round table, expert panel discussion or interactive sessions. Proposals for Special Sessions will also be considered. Special sessions can take an interactive format and do not require paper submissions. These are open to any delegate to choose to attend.
All Workshop and Special Session proposals should:
- Address a cutting-edge theoretical, methodological, or pedagogical issue in marketing.
- Be a maximum of one A4 page in length, 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Identify the preferred format that will form the basis of the activities during a 1½ hour Workshop / Special Session including if the workshop will be open to observers or closed and only available to those with submissions accepted.
- Include full details of the Proposed Workshop/Special Session Convenors.
- Workshop Convenors will nominate one person to liaise with the Academy to manage the acceptance of papers. Papers will not require double blind peer review, but Workshop Convenors should provide a short paragraph of feedback for each submission, which they will need to enter into the online system.
Academy of Marketing 2023 dates for your diary:
- Deadline for Workshop and Special Session Proposals: 10 October 2022 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshops and Special Sessions announced: 24 October 2022
- Full Call for Papers announced: 28 October 2022
- Online Submission opens: 28 November 2022
- Deadline for Submissions: 17 January 2023