Please see the AM2022 Competitive Workshops document for full details of each workshop – please read this carefully before making your submission via the online system by the deadline of 10 January. This will open for submissions shortly.
The theme of the Academy of Marketing Conference 2022 is ‘Marketing: The Fabric of Life’, which encourages marketing scholars to explore and examine the threads of marketing theory; the interwoven patterns which contribute to the ever-evolving tapestry that is Marketing. We call for papers which challenge and develop marketing theory through a range of methods, techniques, and approaches. We welcome the submission of Competitive Short Papers (500 words plus refs).
In addition to the Competitive Workshops listed below, papers may also be submitted for Oral Presentation in themed sessions – please see the Conference Call for Papers for full details.
Competitive Workshop List
1. Consumer Research for Social Impact (CRSI): Agents of Change, Agenda for Change
2. Consumer-Brand Power Dynamics & Collective Wellbeing
3. Consumption Insights on Human-Nature Entanglements
4. Hard Times: Rough Threads Woven Through the Fabric of Life
5. Inclusive Marketing: Developing the New Agenda
6. Issues of Responsibility in the Fabric of Sustainable Consumption
7. Marketplace Access
8. Methodological Innovations in Qualitative Consumer Research
9. Navigating The Metaverse: Challenges & Opportunities Concerning Digital Marketing & Immersive Technologies
10. Post-Covid Place Marketing
11. Reclaiming Artistic Imaginaries: Lessons Learnt and Future Endeavours
12. The Impact of Social Media Influencers on Consumers, Businesses, and Society
13. The Rising Tide of Brand Intangibles and the Future of Brand Authenticity Research
14. Threading Innovative Pedagogy Through the Fabric of Marketing Education to Embrace the Post COVID-19 Workplace
15. Values-Centred Pedagogies for Sustainable Marketing Education
16. Weaving the Digital Fabric of Our Lives: AI in Marketing