The Final Closing Date for Competitive Short Paper Submissions was 4 February 2022 – submission is now closed.
The theme of the Academy of Marketing Conference 2022 is ‘Marketing: The Fabric of Life’, which encourages marketing scholars to explore and examine the threads of marketing theory; the interwoven patterns which contribute to the ever-evolving tapestry that is Marketing. We call for papers which challenge and develop marketing theory through a range of methods, techniques, and approaches. We welcome Competitive Short Papers which focus on a range of methodological, pedagogical and impactful issues, including more traditional aspects of marketing research. Papers can be submitted to take part in one of the interactive Workshops or for Oral Presentation in themed sessions. (For Doctoral Colloquium submissions please see the separate CFP).
The conference will be hosting a range of Workshops focusing on several diverse and contemporary areas of marketing theory including:
1. Consumer Research for Social Impact (CRSI): Agents of Change, Agenda for Change
2. Consumer-Brand Power Dynamics & Collective Wellbeing
3. Consumption Insights on Human-Nature Entanglements
4. Hard Times: Rough Threads Woven Through the Fabric of Life
5. Inclusive Marketing: Developing the New Agenda
6. Issues of Responsibility in the Fabric of Sustainable Consumption
7. Marketplace Access
8. Methodological Innovations in Qualitative Consumer Research
9. Navigating The Metaverse: Challenges & Opportunities Concerning Digital Marketing & Immersive Technologies
10. Post-Covid Place Marketing
11. Reclaiming Artistic Imaginaries: Lessons Learnt and Future Endeavours
12. The Impact of Social Media Influencers on Consumers, Businesses, and Society
13. The Rising Tide of Brand Intangibles and the Future of Brand Authenticity Research
14. Threading Innovative Pedagogy Through the Fabric of Marketing Education to Embrace the Post COVID-19 Workplace
15. Values-Centred Pedagogies for Sustainable Marketing Education
16. Weaving the Digital Fabric of Our Lives: AI in Marketing
17. Visual Methods in Marketing and Consumer Research: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Full details of these Workshops are available in the Workshops document AM 2022 Competitive Workshops V2, and authors should consult the requirements of their preferred Workshop(s) prior to submission.
In addition to the Workshops, Competitive Short Papers on any area of marketing and consumer behaviour will be delivered in a 20-minute oral presentation at the Conference in themed sessions.
Please note the following key dates:
- 20th May 2022 Early Bird rate deadline
- 3rd June 2022 Final registration date (or papers withdrawn)
- 5th-7th July 2022 Academy of Marketing Conference
Contact email address: email@example.com